May 21, 2013
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions Defines Sealing and Engineering Terms
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions has launched an easy-to-use glossary where engineers can find definitions for commonly used engineering and sealing terms at the click of a mouse or touch of a button. Free of charge, it is available online or via an app for both iPhone and Android, downloadable by searching for “Trelleborg” from the Apple app store or Google play.
The glossary is easily searchable by entering key words, with results displayed where the searched item is in the title or in the definition of the searched word. There is also the option of using an alphabetical listing. Robert Zahiri, Director Global Marketing and Communications, says: “The glossary is not just about sealing; it has been designed as a general engineering tool, perfect for anyone who wants a quick and simple definition of engineering terms. We’re always striving to develop new online and on-phone resources to make the engineer’s life easier. And this one should be a great addition to our existing offerings.”
The glossary joins a range of industry-leading e-tools for the Web and smartphones. These include:
• O-Ring Calculator: Calculates O-Ring dimension tolerances and recommends parts – iPhone, Web
• ISO Fits and Tolerance: Provides ISO fits definitions – iPhone, Android
• Aerospace Groove Selector: Covers the most important SAE aerospace groove standards – iPhone
• Unit Hardness and Converter: Quick and easy conversions of both engineering-related and general units – iPhone, Android
• Seal Configurator: Provides the most suitable solutions for your application – Web
• Electronic Catalog: Search for seals by item number, types of seal or by operating condition – Web
• CAD Service: Easy access to 2D and 3D drawings – Web
• Material Search: Quickly find suitable materials for your application – Web
• Chemical Compatibility Check: Find materials compatible with media utilized within an application – iPhone, Web
• Catalogs and brochures: Access to the full range of literature from Trelleborg Sealing Solutions – Web.